Jose Kenga has delivered an update regarding recent allegations made against David Argyle, and revealed that the pair have chatted on FaceTime to discuss the matter in hand.
Kenga accused Wolfack owner Argyle of making racist comments while in conversation following Swinton’s match in Toronto earlier this year.
On Twitter, Kenga explained: “I have had a FaceTime conversation with David and he has personally apologised for his comments.
“Questions were asked by me to him. I’d like to say I have forgiven him but still believe this needs to be severely addressed.
“I have seen comments regarding why it has taken me this long to speak about the incident but I had raised this incident immediately after it had occurred and had followed protocol.
“The issue had been raised with the RFL and it should not have taken this long and I feel that only now that I have spoken about it, an investigation has been opened.
“What about my welfare as a player? I stand firmly by what I said.
“This is totally unacceptable.
“For anyone who condones casual racism, whether it be friends, family or colleagues, you need to recognise the effects of your racism.
“People have become accustomed to this and it is portrayed as normal.
“I appreciate the support I have received from everyone, but I have to say that I have seen that certain people have considered the incident to be a joke and this highlights that this is still a big issue in our society.
“I can’t even understand how people can take the statement as a joke.
“I have said what I have regarding the issue and it is in the hands of the RFL.”
— Jose Kenga (@JoseKenga) June 7, 2019