The RFL have announced a “fresh look” for the 1895 Cup in its second season.
There will be more space between the round dates in 2020 and the kick-off time for the Final has been moved to 12.00pm, ahead of the Challenge Cup showpiece.
Three community clubs from the National Conference League Premier Division will join 17 from the Championship and League 1 to compete for a place at Wembley in August.
NCL champions West Hull will join York Acorn and Underbank Rangers in the first round draw, which will be held on 18 March.
They will be joined by five clubs from League 1 – Barrow Raiders, Doncaster, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder and Rochdale Hornets.
The 12 Championship clubs entering the competition have been given a bye to the second round, where they will be joined by the four first round winners.
RFL chief commercial officer Mark Foster said: “We’ve been delighted by the positive reaction to the announcement of the new kick-off time for the Final of the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup at Wembley Stadium on July 18.
“The competition was introduced last year to give non-Super League clubs a second chance to earn a trip to Wembley, and it’s great to see three Community clubs who have already made a big impact in the Coral Challenge Cup this season – Underbank Rangers, West Hull and York Acorn – getting involved.
“Sheffield Eagles and Widnes Vikings were the first two clubs to earn a trip to Wembley last year, and you only had to watch their semi final victories over Batley and Leigh respectively, or the memorable quarter final performances produced by Barrow, Doncaster and York, to see that the competition had gripped the imagination of players, coaches and supporters.
“We’ll again be showing a game from each round on Our League, as well as both Semi Finals.
“We appreciate that playing the Second Round and the Quarter Finals in midweek is challenging, especially for players.
“But before introducing this new competition last year we discussed all options with the clubs and it was agreed that it would be unavoidable given the demands of our other competitions.
“We hope the players and supporters feel that it’s worthwhile for the chance of a trip to Wembley.”
- First Round (draw March 18, ties to be played on weekend of April 18-19): Barrow Raiders, Doncaster, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder, Rochdale Hornets, Underbank Rangers, West Hull, York Acorn
- Second Round (draw March 18, ties to be played week starting April 27): Four First Round winners plus Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Featherstone Rovers, Halifax, Leigh Centurions, Oldham, Sheffield Eagles, Swinton Lions, Whitehaven, Widnes Vikings, York City Knights
- Quarter Finals: Week starting May 11
- Semi Finals: Sunday June 7
- Final: Saturday July 18, Wembley Stadium (Midday kick-off)