With George Burgess about to complete a nine match ban for eye gouging, another NRL forward has now been found guilty of the same crime with some shocking footage showing the incident in detail.
Canberra Raiders youngster Hudson Young was charged by the Match Review Panel for making contact with the eyes of New Zealand Warriors centre Adam Pompey last weekend and, having been suspended earlier in the season for the same charge, has now been banned for eight matches by the Judiciary.
Despite being found guilty, the 21 year old maintains he didn’t intentionally aim for the eye’s of his opponent.
“I was trying to grab anything, to prevent the try and to hold him up,” Young said in the hearing.
“I was trying to get my hands underneath as fast as I could, I grabbed his hand, lost grip of his hand, I pulled my hand out as quickly as I could when I felt contact with his face.
Brett Finch called it a disgrace.
But Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says he believes Hudson Young’s claim that he did not gouge for a second time this season.
— FOX LEAGUE (@FOXNRL) September 7, 2019