Yesterday, Eric Perez presented his vision for a new club in Ottawa to Championship and League 1 clubs.
The RFL announced yesterday afternoon that the clubs are broadly is support of the bids.
Here’s what we know so far about Ottawa’s bid:
- The bid is being fronted by Toronto Wolfpack founder Eric Perez
- The club is targeting League 1 entry in 2020
- Perez favours the establishment of a strong player pool and longer-term regional development over promotion to Super League
- The Ottawa project is being driven in partnership with the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group (OSEG)
- Perez would be willing to relocate back to the UK if his Ottawa bid is unsuccessful
- The club has 15 owners who “could each fund the business themselves”
- Former Hemel CEO Dean Thomas in part of the bid
- A new Ottawa club would not be required to pay a bond as it is a relocation of a current member